Terms & Conditions
Table of Contents
- General Booking Terms & Conditions
- BIG Points Terms & Conditions
General Booking Terms & Conditions
Tripfez is part of Tripfez Travel Sdn Bhd and was established in February 2013 and is a licensed travel agency under the Malaysian law (License No. 7142). The use of Tripfez website is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must refrain from using the website.
Customers are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions.
All tour rates are meant for Malaysians only and exclude any airfares unless stated otherwise. Rates may change in the event of erratic fluctuations in the currency exchange rate and eleventh-hour adjustments or surcharges imposed by accommodation, land, water, and air transport providers, and restaurant, attraction, theme park, sightseeing and tour operators.
Tripfez shall be known as “The Company” in the terms and conditions listed below: -
1. BOOKING PROCEDURES
Upon receipt of deposit payment from you, the Company will proceed to make the necessary flights, hotel accommodation, tour vehicles and tour guide reservations.
1.1 Amendment to Booking:
- Upon confirmation of the tour, any subsequent change made to the reservation is subject to an amendment charge of RM 300.00 per person per amendment. No amendment can be made within 14 (fourteen) working days before the date of departure.
1.2 Amendment to Tour Itinerary:
- Tripfez will make reasonable effort to avoid changes in the itinerary. However, the Company reserves the right to alter itineraries, travel arrangements, hotel reservations changes at any time (without compensation) due to unforeseen circumstances.
1.3 Names of persons travelling
- It is important that the person making the booking must enter the correct names of all persons travelling. If TBA or another abbreviation has been entered as the guest's name, the hotel may reject the booking. The names of all persons travelling must be entered and the first name should be followed by the Family name.
1.4 E-mail Accounts
- It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that they have entered the correct e-mail address. If our e-mail has been sent to your Junk or Bulk mail folder, you can prevent this from happening again by opening our e-mail and clicking on the 'Not spam' or 'This is not spam' button.
2. OPERATION PROCEDURES
Customer must inform the Company of the changes on the number of participants in the tour. Customer must inform the Company’s tour information to your participants of their entitlements and type of travel and tour arrangements for them.
3. TRAVEL DOCUMENTATIONS
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they have a valid passport with minimum 6 (six) months validity from the date of the last departure point as well as the necessary visas, current health certificates and necessary travel documents as required by various government authorities of the countries to be visited. Please ensure current passport photos are updated by immigration authority prior to departure.
The Company will not be held responsible or be liable for any expense, reimbursement or refund of tour or travel arrangement charges if the customer is refused entry by any country before departure, during the tour and travel for whatsoever reason, including but not limited to non-possession of necessary visas.
4. RATES AND PAYMENT
Rates displayed on our website can be viewed and charged in Malaysian Ringgit and US Dollar. Some credit card providers may charge an International Transaction fee. This fee is passed on by some credit card providers because the charge for your booking has been processed outside of the country that you reside in. Please note that the charge has not been passed on by Tripfez and that we cannot be held responsible for any international transaction charges passed on by your credit card issuer. The actual currency and amount that will be charged will be shown to you on the actual Booking page.
Tripfez cannot be held responsible for currency exchange rates or bank surcharges whatever the circumstances.
Once you have accepted the cancellation policy for your booking as well as our terms and conditions, your credit card will be charged for the total cost at booking time.
The amount for your booking DOES NOT include any applicable charges for optional incidentals (such as mini bar snacks or telephone calls).
Rates displayed on the Tripfez website are subject to currency fluctuations. There may be slight variations in the published daily rates that will reflect any movement in the currency exchange rates. Once a booking has been booked and confirmed at the rates you have accepted, there is no refund for the price difference because rates can be updated daily.
Tripfez cannot be held responsible for currency exchange rates or bank surcharges whatever the circumstances.
5. TERMS OF PAYMENT
5.1 Payment Method:
- Payment can be made by online, bank in cash or cheque. Online payment to be submitted together with receipt as proof of payment. Bank in cheque will only be accepted if presented to the Company at least 14 (fourteen) working days before departure.
- Deposit is non-refundable.
- Tripfez has the right to cancel and refund customer’s deposit within 15 days without any reason.
- Cancellations and amendments of tour bookings by customer will not be accepted over the telephone and must be made in writing to avoid any misunderstanding and the following charges apply as per payment schedule.
- The respective airline's cancellation policy on special promotional fare shall apply in addition to the tour cancellation charges as per payment schedule above.
- All cancellation on air tickets are subject to Airline Term and Conditions.
- Cancellation by Company: The company reserves the right to cancel the tour due to any act of God, war, strike, riot or order from the Government of Malaysia which is beyond its control.
5.4 Child Fare:
- Children below 12 years old (2 to 11 years old) with reference to the date of birth falls on the date prior to departure date from Malaysia are eligible for child fare (if available).
5.5 Single Supplement:
- For those travelling alone/single traveller, every effort will be made by the Company for room sharing basis. If this is not possible, single supplement charge will apply for the tour fare. Customers will be informed of single supplement charges during booking procedures.
5.6 Airport Taxes & Fuel taxes:
- Airport taxes & fuel taxes are subject to change due to international currency fluctuations from time to time. Customers will be informed of any increase in airport & fuel taxes during booking procedures.
5.7 City tax, Tourist tax, Local taxes and Stay tax:
- Since we are constantly expanding our destinations, this has meant that some properties have different policies regarding taxes, whether city, tourist or local. Our rates have always included any applicable hotel taxes but tourist and local taxes which generally include the use of local services in this case will have to be paid directly to the hotel. Sometimes this information is on the prepaid voucher. Any applicable city, tourist or other tax is collected by the hotel at the time of check out.
5.8 International Transaction Fees
- Most credit card providers charge some sort of an International Transaction fee.
- This rate may increase up to 7% according to your bank’s own terms. This fee is passed on by certain credit card providers because the charge for your booking has been processed outside of the country that you reside in. Please note that the charge has not been passed on by Tripfez and that we cannot be held responsible for any international transaction charges passed on by your credit card issuer.
- In addition, some transaction fees with certain rates are imposed on MasterCard, Visa, AMEX, Discover Card and Diners Club credit cards with respect to the type of the card while there is not such an implementation considering the debit cards. This happens only when the card type is not identified. The transaction fee imposed when you have been charged or refunded for the booking is also outside of the scope of Tripfez’s responsibility.
5.9 Proof of ID
- To protect the credit card holder and when a booking has been made by a 3rd party Tripfez reserves the right to request proof of ID from the cardholder as well as a signed authorization form.
- This security measure is not to cause any inconvenience but merely to protect the credit card holder against any credit card misuse.
6. ROOM TYPES AND SPECIFIC REQUESTS
While we undertake to ensure that your requested room type and smoking preference is available, Tripfez cannot guarantee the actual bedding option of the room. These requests are sent to the hotel and are subject to availability.
It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that the room type booked will be suitable for the party travelling.
We try to ensure that the hotel provides the room type(s) booked, however there may be occasions when instead of a double-bedded room a twin may be allocated or a double-bedded room instead of a twin. Please be aware that most European hotels provide 2 single beds pushed together to make a double bed, and please note that Tripfez cannot be held responsible for the actual size of the room, the extra beds etc. While all room type preferences are forwarded to the hotel, room allocation is done by the hotel and subject to availability at the time of check in.
7. HOTEL INFORMATION AND FACILITIES
7.1 Hotel information
- While Tripfez strives to present hotel information as accurately as possible, we are not responsible for the accuracy of this information or for any facilities that may or may not be available at the hotel during your stay or not suited to individual tastes and preferences.
- Redecoration/ renovations and maintenance are necessary to the upkeep of the hotel and may take place without prior warning; however, the hotelier or supplier will endeavour to keep inconvenience to a minimum. The effects of normal wear and tear can be expected in a hotel and these are beyond our control.
- Tripfez cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance or inconvenience to the client beyond its control nor for accidents or loss in a hotel caused by hotel management or staff.
- The hotel and guest room photographs are provided to give a general overview of the hotel. Guest room photographs may be of a different category to the one you book and not identical to the room you are allocated at the hotel.
7.2 Additional charges made by the hotel
- Tripfez has no control over any extra charges that a hotel may decide to implement for their guest room incidentals such as air conditioning, safe, mini fridge, hire of television remote, etc. Any such charges must be paid directly to the hotel and Tripfez cannot be held responsible for any incidental charges passed on by the hotel.
- Likewise, Tripfez has no control over any fees that a hotel may pass on for luggage storage, sauna, spa and swimming pool use, car parking fees, etc.
- During the festive season, essentially Christmas and the New Year, there are hotels which impose a compulsory gala and guests must pay any supplement for the gala dinner. Our company is not always informed about Gala dinner supplements and Tripfez cannot be held responsible for any gala supplements passed on by the hotel.
7.3 Resort Fees
- Some hotels do charge a resort fee which must be paid to the hotel directly e.g. the USA, Italy, etc.
- Tripfez is not responsible for resort fee charges and has no control over their implementation.
7.4 Hotel Accommodation and Complaints
- Part of the enjoyment of overseas travel is experiencing local customs and not expecting a real home experience. Guest room facilities and decoration will vary from country to country.
- Complaints: Any complaint which cannot be resolved at the hotel must be notified in writing to Tripfez within 3 days of the checkout date. A copy of the complaint must be also submitted to and signed by the hotel manager.
- However, if there is something which cannot be resolved at the hotel during reservation period it is better to inform us to get quick resolution.
- Tripfez always tries to solve your problem within 5-15 working days. Please note that this period may extend in accordance with the nature of the query.
7.5 Hotel Unable to Provide the Accommodation Booked
- If the original hotel booked is closed, overbooked or has maintenance problems and/or cannot provide the room(s) booked, you accept that the hotelier or supplier is responsible for finding you alternate accommodation of a similar standard. Where we have prior notice, we will contact you via e-mail.
- In case if a hotel is booked out, Tripfez is not responsible to offer you an alternate hotel.
- A booking is considered to be a group booking when there will be 10 or more persons travelling. Tripfez reserve the right to cancel any FIT booking made for a group or if we consider them to have been made for the purpose of holding space for future sale.
- Tripfez accepts no liability for any losses or costs that might occur as a result of re-location as this is completely beyond our control.
8. TRAVEL INSURANCE
All customers are encouraged to buy travel insurance to safeguard themselves against sickness, loss of money, cancellation, flight delays or lost baggage. The Company will provide details of such insurance certificate if required.
9. PROMOTION CODES
The maximum amount of credits of a discount code may be lower than the value of that discount code depending on your selected hotel and room type.
For such cases, the maximum credit amount will be applied, and the remaining credits cannot be used for a future reservation.
Discount codes cannot be combined with any other promotions and offers.
Tripfez reserves the right to change this implementation and hotel rates offered for discount codes at any time.
10. CHECK IN AGE LIMIT
All the hotels on the Tripfez website require one of the guests to be at least 18 years old. In some states of America there are higher age limits. If you have booked a hotel in the Unites States and the travellers are under 25 years of age, please contact the hotel directly for clarification.
11. CHANGES IN PUBLISHED RATES
Tripfez reserves the right to correct any pricing or displayed errors and/or commissions. This includes errors and/or commissions from a supplier or hotelier.
In the event of a price error and/or commission, we will offer you the choice of either keeping the booking at the correct rates, cancelling the booking or subject to availability we will offer you a suitable alternative hotel. This applies to both confirmed and on request bookings.
Not all the hotel rates are applicable for the local market and in such cases the hotel is within their rights to change the rates without prior notice.
12. FAIR EVENTS AND SPECIAL DATES TRAVEL
Over certain periods such as sport events, festivals and fairs hotels may impose strict restrictions regarding conditions of stay. It is possible that these changes may be advised to us after the booking has been confirmed.
- Travel events: Any payments (deposit/full payment) during travel events (Matta Fair, Roadshows, etc) are not refundable.
- Unused services: For any unused services during tour by any participant, no refund will be made in respect to accommodation, meals, sightseeing, tour, airfare or other services, which are included in the tour price.
- Foreign Travel Issues: Full refund can be made if tour bookings are issued before any travel warning announcement made by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia specifically for Malaysians. If bookings are made after travel warning is announced, no refund will be made.
- Special cases: On a case to case basis, refund will be considered by the Company.
- Travel Fairs: No refunds for any payment made during Travel Fairs, e.g. MATTA Fairs (National and States), MIHAS, Roadshows, etc.
Any refunds shall be considered in redeemable credit on future bookings.
14. MAP INFORMATION
Maps are provided for information purposes only. While Tripfez strives to present hotel and map information as accurately as possible, we do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of this information or for any errors. We suggest that you contact the hotel directly to obtain the most current and complete location information and directions.
15. FEEDBACK RESPONSE
The Company welcomes constructive feedback from its customers in its continuing efforts to improve service quality. Any disputes with regards to the tour must be submitted in writing 14 (fourteen) days from the date of return. The Company will not entertain any dispute made thereafter.
The Tripfez website is for legitimate bookings only. Anyone found to have used a credit card of which they have no authorised use will be liable to prosecution.
We reserve the right to cancel any booking that is deemed not to be legitimate.
When you contact us, we will reply to your query within 5 working days.
Depending upon the nature of your query please allow up to 30 working days especially in the case of past booking queries for the situation to be investigated and concluded.
17. SECURITY AND PRIVACY
When visiting our website, a record of your visit is logged. Our company operates secure servers to minimize the risk of unauthorised credit card use.
Tripfez guarantees that all sensitive information -e.g. your name, address, and credit card number- will be protected with the best security practices available when exchanged over the internet. The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology we use ensures the privacy and security of all transactions. SSL technology encrypts data before it is transmitted, so that only the authorized recipient can have access to it.
18. SALAM STANDARD
Tripfez is offering for certain properties the Salam Standard rating. We do not take any responsibility if the information provided through Salam Standard is not correct or incomplete. We are not liable for any information or errors or/and damages incurred in connection with the Salam Standard rating. We suggest that you contact the hotel directly to obtain the most current information on amenities and services for Muslim travellers (including the halal certification of any food served in the hotel).
19. RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
All arrangements for the provision of transport, accommodation, sightseeing and other tour or travel services are made by the Company through our appointed agents. The Company accepts no responsibility for any injuries, damage, accidents, loss, delay, theft, quarantine, customs regulation, strike, acts of good, and changes of itinerary, deportation or refusal of entry by immigration.
Customers are responsible for all losses and expense from authorities’ confiscation resulting from improper travel documents, possession of unlawful items or irregularities. Proper travel documents are expected of all customers.
The Company also reserves the right to request for any individual to withdraw from the tour if it is deemed that his or her behaviour or conduct is detrimental to or incompatible with health, safety, interests, harmony and welfare of the other tour participants and the tour group. Under such circumstances, the Company shall be under no liability thereafter to any such person.
No tour leader or guides, employees or agents of the Company are authorized to commit the Company to any liability. The Company will not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by a management executive of the company.
The Company also reserves the right to take photographs and films of passengers while on tour with the Company to be used for brochure advertising. The customers will be informed of use of such materials in publications and forms of advertising.
The Company will not be held responsible for any goods purchased during the tour. Defective goods, goods not suitable for customer use, goods not in conformity with the samples provided, or goods rejected by customers for any other reasons are not the Company’s responsibility. Even if the goods are purchased in shops as part of the tour packages visitation or which are specifically recommended by the travel service, guides, servants, employees or independent contractor. The Company or travel service will not be liable to customers for the purchase monies of the aforesaid goods.
The Company will not be held responsible for any losses and expense of domestic air ticket, local hotel, transportation from and to the airport, and other personal travel services that booked by customers due to international flight change or cancelled including even if the group size is not materialized at last minute.
Itineraries, prices, services and conditions are correct at the time of reservations. The Company reserves the right to revise the tour fares and to determine the date of commencement of such revised tour fares.
The Company reserves the right to change, amend, insert or delete any of the terms and conditions, policies contained in this document, as the case may be, without prior notice.
BIG Points Terms & Conditions
1. This campaign is organised by BIGLife Sdn. Bhd. (formerly known as BIG LOYALTY SDN. BHD. and THINK BIG DIGITAL SDN. BHD.) (“BIG”) and Tripfez Travel Sdn. Bhd. (known as Tripfez Travel) (jointly referred to as the “Organisers”).
2. By participating in this Campaign, all participants (“Participants”) will be deemed to have read, understood and expressly agreed to be bound by the Terms & Conditions of this Campaign as stated herein and any additional terms and conditions stipulated by the Organisers (as may be applicable) including the decisions of the Organisers in all matters related thereto.
3. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Registration for and/or participation in this Campaign is deemed as acceptance of these conditions of entry. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a condition of entry.
4. This Campaign runs from 1st December 2019, 00:01 (GMT +8) till indefinitely unless advised otherwise by the Organisers (“Campaign Period”). The Organisers reserve the right to amend or extend the duration of the Campaign at any time as they deem fit.
5. To qualify and participate in this Campaign, Participants must do the following (“Campaign Requirements”):
- Must be an existing BIG member (having subscribed and registered for membership under the loyalty and rewards program operated by BIG under the name “BIG Loyalty”) and have a unique registration number known as the “BIG Member ID” issued by BIG at the point of participation in the Campaign;
- Only qualifying purchases will earn BIG Points. 1 BIG Point will be earnt for every RM1 paid on the total cost of the package;
- To qualify a purchase must be completed fully online (either deposit or full payment). In the event that only a deposit is paid online, the full package price will qualify to earn BIG Points;
- Only applicable for Group Packages, Ground Packages and Umrah Packages.
6. BIG Points will be credited to the eligible Participants’ BIG member account within 45 days upon completion of the journey or trip.
7. The Organisers reserve the absolute right, at any time, to verify the validity of a transaction and Participants. Without limitation, Participants agree to provide a copy of the identification card to the Organisers upon request.
8. Only Participants that fulfil the Campaign terms and conditions shall be eligible to receive the BIG Points through the conversion request. Participants that fail to fulfil the Campaign terms and conditions will automatically be disqualified from the Campaign without notice.
9. The Organisers reserve the absolute right to substitute and/or replace the BIG Points from time to time without any prior notice to the Participants.
10. The Organisers further reserve their right to use any collected personal data and/or images of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose related to this Campaign and the Participants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
11. The Organisers reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Participant and/or to activities or other activities harmful to this Campaign or to the Organisers.
12. Participants may be contacted, at any time deemed appropriate by the Organisers, via email or any other mode of communication deemed appropriate by the Organisers.
13. The BIG Points are not exchangeable and/or transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. The usage of BIG Points is subject to the BIG Membership Terms and Conditions.
14. The Organisers reserve the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Campaign with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organisers shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organisers for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
15. The Organisers accept no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected submission whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise.
16. The Organisers, subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Campaign (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
17. The terms and conditions contained herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representation contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Campaign.
18. The Organisers reserve the absolute right to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions (wholly or in part) from time to time with 21’ days’ prior notice to the Participants.
19. These terms and conditions may be translated into other languages. In the event of inconsistencies between these terms and conditions and the translated versions, the English version shall prevail.
Tripfez does not accept liability for any errors and reserves the right to change the information published at any time and without prior notice.